Friday, June 6, 2008

PEACE BITCHES!!!! LoL

I would not venture to say that I am 'well traveled', but I must admit that I'm not one of these katz that has never ventured out of the New York metropolitan area. Of these 50 states that are united (48 contiguous) I have visited Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Conneticutt, Pensylvania, Maryland, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan...ummmmmmm yea that's it. Oh lest I forget my stint in Columbia with those Districts for my intellectual nutriment. I've also traveled beyond our boarders to Cancun, Cozemel, Jamaica and the Bahamas. Great huh? Seems like I've gotten around huh? Well the problem is that all these places I've been, it's always been with a parental/guardian figure. Never with 'friends'.

In the 4 years that I spent in college my spring breaks were spent at home in New Jersey...no dough. After graduating ya boy was still broke as a joke. It's a damn shame to even admit this but I have not been on vacation in FIVE (5) YEARS!!! LoL. Besides the fact that I'm not the greatest at saving, it seemed like the friends or aquantences I surrounded myself with didn't have the finances necessary to get away. So complacency set in and vacations were spent sleeping and chillin, however, 2008 has been quite eye opening for me. I've had some kind of, I don't even know what to call it...an awakening. There is so much out there that I have not allowed myself to experience because in a way I've been AFRAID to go it alone. I recently began thinking "WTF is wrong with you (insert gov't name here)?! You're not broke like that no more. Da hell is your bitch ass sitting around wasting oxygen for?!"

Having called myself everything but a child of God, I made a promiss to myself that this summer I will emerge anew. As a child I was extremely inquisitive and as a young man I will fulfill my destiny and become an explorer! I've decided to shed the shackles that have kept me stagnant. No longer will I wait nor do I require the company of friends or aquantences to partake in my journeys (although it would be nice but eh, so would a million dollars). The time has come for da kid to do tha damn thing! :-)

Having said all that, I found out thru a friend that the Taste of Chicago is next month around July 4th weekend and ya boy Damnit on yesterday booked his flight and Hotel. Yup, Imma be there tryna see what I can get into. Never been up there so this should be interesting. And as the theme of this post suggest da kid is riding dolo! First time ever. It's like the emancipation of me. Anywho, anybody out in tha Chi tryna get up and show ya boy tha city, holla!!

PEACE BITCHES!!! LoL



~Damnit!

11 comments:

TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

I guess I never thought about it before, but I guess I'm the same. I have never really traveled like that by myself. It's usually with the family or something. Like a cousin or something. I guess at 22 I should have by not, but I haven't. I'm giving myself until next year though to emacipate myself. Glad for you...Chicago is just as good as any other place to take your first step.

Jersey Brotha said...

Nice! Enjoy! I need to start doing more traveling alone myself.

life said...

Go get your life man

Mr. Jones said...

OMG...we'll be in Chicago around the same time!!! This is such a surprise and a coincidence. ;-)

ShawnQt said...

Sounds good to me!

Jay said...

If memory serves me right, bloggers darius and the captain are from chi-town so maybe you can look them up. Thanks for the invite but you know my situation. Hell, I think I have 3 co-workers going the sametime as you.

Cash S. said...

Yep, the Taste of Chicago will be taking place June 27th - July 6th. Chaka Kahn, Angie Stone, Stevie Wonder, and Fantasia will be some of the performers and the big fireworks show is July 3rd. It'll be a fun time.

Also Windy City Black Pride takes place July 3rd - July 7th.

You picked a good weekend to come visit.

Promiscuous X said...

(Singing Jeezy) *You Kno We Trap All Day Play All Night Dis Is Da Life Of A Go Getta, Go Getta, Go Getta (Yea)*

Do the dam thing Blaq

Xem VanAdams said...

Traveling Alone is one of most Peaceful and Invigorating Xperinces of a Lifetime. I just drove from Baltimore to California, alone. The drive, the air, the winds and changing weathers, allowed me the Tranquility I NEEDED to reprioritize my Life and Times. I commend you on your decision to take FULL advantage of the Opportunities that have been afforded to you. IF we DONT do it NOW, while we're still YOUNG and Vivrant, we may NEVER do it Later.

fuzzy said...

I never was one to travel alone, but I think I could definitely enjoy myself. The only thing is that I anjoy the company of others too must to try to go alone! I would be lonely. It would pass quick, I would meet someone and have a fun ass time wherever I went!

Anonymous said...

If you're not pressed for time, take a train ride. Pretty interesting people around, especially the chatty ones in the dining car, and nice scenery. I took a train trip to Chicago once (from Philly), met this engaging older lady, and she was also on the train back a week later (a surprise to both of us), and we continued our conversation like we see each other everyday or something. It was pretty cool. lol. New reader here. nice blog!