Monday, August 6, 2007

Genesis: So Amazing!

No ceremony. No introductions. My personality and the patterns of my thoughts will surface thru my forthcoming entries. Drawing on nothing else but spontanious thought, I will scribe these words to this lil blog thingy and in true 'Damnit' fashion, let those that read it take it or leave it. Having said that, I present to you...Genesis!

Friends... Ya know, I'm a very socialble person but I've never had many people whom I were 'friends' with. For those that know me, know that I'm hardly reserved and seldom do I have a problem expressing my affection or disdain towards you. For this reason I have had many people who didn't care for me AT ALL. Conversely, I have people who find my cander refreshing and value my opion...even if they are on the receiving end of my comments. Undoubtibly my personality and temperment scare many away, however, for those brave souls who remain intrigued find that beneathe this hard shell lies a caring and real individual. It is those few, those proud, those kool ass individuals whom I call friends.

Love... Love is interesting to me. I can tell you want my definition of love is. I can see it, feel it, taste it, envision what it should and could be having not truely been encapsulated by it's warmth and tranquility. I am currently dating someone and things are going good. I'm not one of these people that get all consumed in someone not realizing their flaws and yes, he has his as I have mines. But the wonderful thing about taking the time to get to know someone is that you learn more about those flaws...idiosyncrasies if you will. I've made numerous hasty decisions in the past with respects to love. Considering I am for all intensive purposes still single...well talking to someone (does that technically still make me single in a way...? Hmmm...probably not. Another thought for another blog...), I would say that I wish to not revisit those failed love experiences. So for my friends who will undoubtably read this lil entry if for no other reason but curiosity, for the 12th time NO WE ARE NOT OFFICIAL YET!!! LoL. When it happens, we will direct ya'll to our registry and ya'll can buy us gifts. LoL.

Alcohol... Hmmmmm how to approach this one...? Wait a minute, I'm Damnit! I'll approach it the good ol "Damnit" way. I drink and I like it! There I said it! LoL. Naw but on the real, people have expressed in their own subtle way that I drink a lot to which I respond "Imma social drinker. I just happen to be more social then everyone else." Ya know, when I was younger, I was the worst. Drinking, throwing up all over the place, just a mess. One thing I've learned is that the purpose of drinking is not to get drunk cause you miss out on things. To that end, drinking is sort of like a pastime to me that I engage in responsibly. Now I won't sit here and say that there haven't been those times where I may have had one too many, however, it can be said that I always have my wits about me. But it's all good. I'm quitting soon! LoL.

Well I believe that's all for now. I will try to be more assiduous in updating this lil blog thing. I think my goal with this thing is to allow peeps to see the other side of my personality that is normally not on display during the social gatherings. This is the dawn of a new era on this blog. I've arrived and I'm SOOOOOOOOOO Amazing!

Cheers,

Damnit!

7 comments:

ShawnQt said...

Wow I'm so excited about this post! If ur blog is going to be anything like ur word of the day text messages... I can't wait!

I'm always admired ur personality because at times I wish I could be just as open, but looking at u do it is more fun to watch!

Not official yet... I neeed to get a pool going on when its going to happen lol

the~enigma said...

Quit drinking? Please...I remember some of those times listening to you speak jibberish which was quite amusing. I must say that you have come a long ways though over the many years that I know you.

Hah, funny....all the advice and talks we had seems as though I need the most advice and pep talk as of late. However, I just wanted to be one to add to the post and to get things going. I also started a blog on here as well in which you have inspired me to do so.

In regards to your relationship or that special someone you are getting to know....I would think that you two have not defined the bounds of your relationship with each other. I mean you can focus your attention on him and decide whether you want to engage in a relationship or you can get to know him and some other people..... hmmm to me either way it can be seen as you still being single....well "talking to someone" ... I suppose can be still looked at as being single....? or can it?

Jay said...

Welcome to our lil playground of thoughts...not sure if you consider me to be a friend or associate, but I certainly know we didn't like each other when we 1st met (we said as much). Words were exchanged and greg thought we would never be able to be in the same room. Oh but that faithful night at that christian house party in jersey city changed everything. Our mutual friend re introduced us and we have been cool since (I'm not talking about greg). Now, even though I go through periods where I don't want 2 see this friend, u want 2 quit on this friend. It won't happen! I'm to get you a nice aged scotch and let you decide what you will do (you better make the right choice)

fuzzy said...

Well lets take this one daggar at a time! lol First of all Welcome!

Secondly, I see the loud and descriptive "dammit", as you call yourself, but I see a very small opening that reveals a soft and gushy "dammit" too! While I love your opinion, I do wish to see more of a balance to you.

The third daggar, hmmm... Kudos on trying to get to know somebody before making crazy commitments. Some of these thirsty boys and girls could take a lesson or two from you. I use the term "girls" loosly! If you are available to someone else then you are not in a relationship! PLAINLY PUT!

I think moderate drinking is ok. but when it affects your personality, whether in a drunken state or not, its time to stop! enough said on hat subject!

I look orward to your future posts! be cool...

Tyson said...

Hello, Dammit!

From a relatively new blogger, Welcome! I enjoyed reading your entry. I was captivated by your choice of words and the organization of your thoughts. From our personal interaction, I've always known you to be articulate and professional, but to see the written work makes me proud to be called your friend.

I wish I had read your thoughts about moving too fast earlier. I guess you live and you learn.

About this single thing..... Although you are not in a relationship, you are TAKEN! You are not single! Make sure you remember that.

I look forward to your entries in the future. Be good!

Tyson

Ty said...

Welcome to blogland.

That Dude Right There said...

Please tell me that you are from the South. I have never heard or seen Jersey cats say ya'll.