Tuesday, January 20, 2009

THIS moment of clarity...

As bloggers seemingly unapologetic registered Republican, I believe it is necessary to clarify a few things for some people.

- The historic significance of todays' inauguration of our 44th President Barack H. Obama is not lost on me. As an African American I am extremely happy that we as Americans have to a great extent overcome the racial bigotry that has plagued this country for far too long! Granted, I may not agree with President Obama's platforms or policies, however, I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the great pride that I was overcome with while viewing todays' events unfold.

- Even tho I disagree with many individuals on the direction this great Union should embark upon, I am overjoyed that the transition of power can be as seemless as it is. There are few countries on this planet where power can cede effortlessly from one individual to another in such a short period of time. Whether you are Democrat or Republican, liberal or conservative, all must marvel and appreciate the precedence established by our forefathers.

- After a spirited discussion with a very close friend of mines on last evening, I am happy that many of our citizens were inspired by President Obama's campaign, election and accendence to the Presidency and I hope that their interest in our political process will continue to sustain far into the future.

Having said that, I am delighted that I was able to witness this day in history and I look forward to debating the policies of our 44th President with you all. Good night, God Bless you all and may God Bless the United States of America!

Oh, and Michelle Obama looked STUNNING today. The epitomy of a strong BLACK woman! I LIVED for her!

~Damnit!

6 comments:

Curious said...

Damnit, this was really well written. I don't mean to say that you don't write well generally, but this has a certain lyrical flow to it and seemed to cover all your points. I really enjoyed that. All this and Obama hasn't even been in office 24 hours. I wonder what the next 4 years will bring from you.

Unknown said...

I had my moment of clarity right before the election, so I know where you are coming from...this is a moment that will be forever on the hearts and minds of many

Omar Ramon said...

Michelle goes off all day long. GET IN!

Mr. Jones said...

This post is fair. Michelle is the bomb.

Chet said...

I agree with Curious on this one, it is certainly well written just like your other work. A moment of clarity a moment of truth.

JanaB said...

I am running a VERY high risk of making my comment right now. . . because I don't know you however, I have the same feelings that you stated in this post about President Obama and I was there in the COLD COLD COLD during the Ingauration witnessing the event so I can feel your passion.
So with that said. . . I feel it someone hypocritical to use the screen name "Blaq-n-mild" WHEN Smoking is the #1 killer of African Americans. I make this comment because I care SOoooo much. I can spot a black and mild from at least 100 feet away. . . and then I chase (more of a brisk walk) kids down the street that are smoking it. The thing that makes me even more angry is how the Tobacco Companies targeted young black kids. "BLACK (black folk) and MILD (as in it is safe for you)" Finally, the supreme court just passed a ruling that says that they [the Tobacco companies] were AGAIN lying to the public. There is NOTHING mild about them. The thing is that slaves were brought to this country to pick Tobacco leaves, now African Americans are one of the largest consumers of cigarettes. . . So I BEG OF YOU. . .you are educated, young, black male. . please change your screen name (because the crazy blogger lady cares!)
Check out my post about Black and milds

http://nwtose.blogspot.com/2008/10/dc-tobacco-free-families-conference.html

and marketing practices to the black community

http://nwtose.blogspot.com/2008/11/dc-night-club-and-lounge-republic.html