Sunday, October 19, 2008

Angels, Watching Over ME...

Given everything that's going on around the world and w/in our country, it is often good to sit back and be appreciative for the little things. Over the years I have realized that I am immensely blessed. Life could be so much worse but it's not and sometimes a blessing will come out of no where making me feel like there truely are angels watching over me.

Today was no exception. I woke up today feeling like I needed to go shopping. Not for cloths or food but for some things that my apt has been lacking Now anyone that knows me understands two things: 1) I hate shopping & 2) I am not good at interior decorating. It's just not my fortay. After consulting wit my boy Mr. Jones I narrowed down what I wanted to purchase. As I explained to Jones "Baaaaaaaaaby, I need a list cause when ~Damnits! wallet see's the light of day, his Visa takes a beating!" LoL. All that said, the story really is what happened at checkout.

So here I am after cruising the store n slapping my sticky fingers everytime it grabbed something that wasn't on the coveted list of necessities, I walked towards the register line and this seasoned African American woman. She gave off the aura of a wise aunt as she greated me "Hey young man. How are you?" I responded "Well Imma be depressed once you finish ringing up these items."

Aunt BB&B: Oh no baby don't be depressed. Praise God that you can afford to purchase these things because there are people who can't..."

DMT: That's true.

Aunt BB&B: Do you have a coupon?

DMT: No I don't. I didn't know you could use coupons in here...

Aunt BB&B: Of course you can! Imma find you a coupon baby.

So as she rang up my items to which doing some rough math in my head I estimated that I had easily spent $150, Aunt BB&B managed to not find the bar code on one of my items and decided that she wouldn't charge me for it (Price: $16...questionable judgement but I did my part). Then after ringing up my items, she made it her duity to find me a coupon which gave me 20% off my total purchase price. When it was time to swipe my debit card, the final cost went from $150 to $99 n some change. The register read 'APPROVED' and as she handed me my bags, Aunt BB&B exclaimed "Ok baby there you go. You have a BLESSED day!" to which I responded "Thank you ma'am. You do too." In our 5 minute interaction, she became the Angel that assisted me in staying w/in the budget I had set for todays shopping excursion.

Thanks Aunt BB&B!

~Damnit!

10 comments:

ShawnQt said...

Amen! LOL

Mr. Jones said...

That's right. I got you and your spending habits right together. I said...oh, no sir...we need lists.

Promiscuous X said...

SO hopefully this Superbowl is at your house and I will see a new and improved bachelor pad.

LOL @ aunt BB&B (Bed,Bath & Beyond)

LMAO

Promiscuous X said...

SO hopefully this Superbowl is at your house and I will see a new and improved bachelor pad.

LOL @ aunt BB&B (Bed,Bath & Beyond)

LMAO

Jersey Brotha said...

A perfect example of why we need to complain less and appreciate more.

Darius T. Williams said...

Now look at your neighbor and give God some praise!

Chet said...

Sitting limits and bargin hunting can be delightful if applied correctly and we stay within our budget, but in most cases there is always something that throws us over that budget, shopping for house end up in clothing and vice versa.

Mr. Jones said...

New post. Come on now.

Ty said...

We encounter angels everyday and are unaware. You never know who may bless you.

Promiscuous X said...

D whats really good dude...when you gone grace us with a new post pimpn?

Havent seen you in a while either..Whats up with that